Saturday 19 February 2011

Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. NY Fall 2011.

So i'm obsessed with the collections from the Fashion Week just gone in New York City. My favourites were Victoria Beckham's collection- I just love the glamour and sophistication in all of her peices, i'm in love with the drapery and there is so many colours in this collection as well! I'm also loving that Victoria has also moved on from just the very structured dresses that took up most of her past collections, so i'm really impressed with this one, I think Mrs Beckham has got it spot on!
new york fashion week victoria beckham fall 2011.jpg

I'm also in love with Jeremy Scott's collection because its just so unique and daring. He's defiantly not afraid to try new things and just goes with it! It reminds me of fancy dress in a way, its so funky and crazy! And i'm in love with the bright colours and just everything, its so different!
A model walks the runway at the Jeremy Scott Fall 2011 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Milk Studios on February 16, 2011 in New York City.

However, my favourite has to be the Alice + Olivia collection. I love the femininity, the glamour and it really reminds me of dressing up as a little girl and just throwing my mother's things on! Like this:
Except slightly less over-the-top! But you get the idea! The long necklaces, high platform shoes, little embellished dresses with fur and lots of sequins! This collection is definitely for a woman who is very glamorous and loves to dress up!
I really like the mix up between more grown up pieces like the fitted little jackets that definitely seem Chanel inspired and crazy little skirts and pants!
The colours in this collection are very bold and glamorous as well, there is a lot of gold and black!
So yeah, Alice + Olivia is my favourite collection, its very flirty and fun and very glamorous- its just fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment